Why Should I Hire Wallin & Klarich If I Have Been Served With A Restraining Order?
If you have been served with a restraining order, it is imperative that you hire Wallin & Klarich to represent you. A restraining order can involve both civil and criminal action. You will need to go to court and testify against the petitioner of the protective order in front of a judge. This can be a difficult and complicated process. The repercussions of having a restraining order filed and granted against you could impact your life remarkably.
Consequences of Having a Restraining Order Granted Against You
There are many consequences if you have a restraining order granted against you, including:
- Losing the ability to contact the petitioner of the protective order.
- If the case is a child custody dispute, you cannot be given primary physical custody.
- The restraining order filed is public record in a registration system called the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS).
- Certain professional agencies and licensing organizations require the restrained person to inform them of a CLETS restraining order so that they can review the orders and take any disciplinary actions necessary against the member.
- Criminal charges may be filed against you, such as domestic violence.
- A person subject to a protective order shall not own, possess, purchase, or receive a firearm or ammunition while that protective order is in effect. Cal. Fam. Code § 6389(a)
- The judge could immediately remand the defendant into custody if they determine the defendant violated the restraining order. This is a misdemeanor offense that is punishable by up to one year in county jail and a fine of up to $1,000 under Cal. Penal Code 273.6 (west)
- A second conviction for violating a restraining order could be charged as a felony, carrying a fine of up to $10,000 and up to 3 years in state prison.
How Wallin & Klarich Attorney Can Help You
If you have a restraining order filed against you, you should rely on the experience of an aggressive Wallin & Klarich family law attorney. Our attorneys have over 38 years of experience in handling domestic violence restraining order cases. We possess the knowledge of the law and attention to detail necessary to help you obtain the most favorable result possible in your case.
How we can help you:
- We will make certain that we file the appropriate papers with the court in opposition to the granting of the restraining order.
- We will prepare a response to the specific allegations in the restraining order paperwork.
- We will develop your defense to the allegations.
- We will prepare you for your testimony.
- We will prepare to aggressively question the person who filed the restraining order against you.
- We will explain to the court that the other party has the burden of proof in a restraining order case and that they have not met their burden of proof.
If you have been served with a restraining order, our caring restraining order lawyers at Wallin & Klarich are here for you. Our lawyers have more than 40 years of experience successfully representing clients in restraining order matters. Let us help you now.
With offices in Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, Victorville, West Covina, Torrance, Los Angeles, and San Diego, there is an experienced Wallin & Klarich restraining order lawyer available to help you no matter where you work or live.
Call our offices today at (877) 466-5245 for a free phone consultation regarding your matter. We will be there when you call.