The Wallin & Klarich Scholarship (2016-2017)
Update: Thank you to all who applied to the 2016 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship. The recipient of this year’s scholarship is Victoria Tang. To read more about our winner, please click here.
At Wallin & Klarich we are firm believers in the notion that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Becoming a licensed attorney in the state of California is no exception. Every attorney has a different story but none of those stories were created without a multitude of challenges.
Wallin & Klarich knows the road to becoming an attorney is a challenge in itself. We recognize the hard work and dedication that aspiring lawyers exercise throughout their journey, and we want to express our support. That is why our firm has created the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship for entering first year law school students.
The goal of this scholarship is to aid students who have overcome obstacles to be admitted to law school and now face the financial burden that is associated with receiving a law degree.
Please address the following questions in a single 700-1000 word essay:
- Why do you want to become a criminal justice attorney?
- What challenge(s) have you faced in order to get to where you are today?
- How have these challenges shaped who you are, and how will you apply what you have learned from these challenges toward a career in criminal justice?
- Must have an interest in becoming a criminal justice attorney.
- Must be a graduating college senior in California, who will be attending an accredited law school in California in the Fall of 2016.
- Must have achieved a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate studies.
- Must not be a current or past employee of Wallin & Klarich, ALC.
- Must not be a current or past independent contractor of Wallin & Klarich, ALC.
- Must not be a relative of anyone that has been employed or has worked as an independent contractor for Wallin & Klarich, ALC.
What we need from you:
- (1) Essay document in which you address the three (3) questions above.
- (1) Completed Application Form.
- (1) Form of proof of admission/enrollment in an accredited law school in California (e.g., acceptance letter).
- (1) Photo for Wallin & Klarich’s website in case you are chosen as the winner.
Winner of the 2016-2017 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship will receive:
- A $3,000.00 check to be used toward law school tuition or law school required books. (Recipient must provide receipts in accordance with IRS regulations).
- Winner will be announced no later than August 1, 2016.
- Application must be submitted to email@example.com no later than June 30, 2016.
- If you are unable to email (in PDF Format) your application materials, please mail them directly to:
Wallin & Klarich Scholarship Committee
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
17592 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780