The Wallin & Klarich Scholarship (2017/2018 Academic Year)
Update: Thank you to all who applied to the Spring 2018 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship. The recipient of the scholarship is Elizabeth Cohn.
“Out of the many aspiring criminal defense lawyers who applied for the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship, Ms. Cohn stood out to us as the best candidate. Her dedication and perseverance has allowed her to overcome challenges and excel in her studies, and this perfectly exemplifies what Wallin & Klarich stands for,” Wallin & Klarich Senior Partner Paul Wallin said. “We congratulate Ms. Cohn and wish her continued success on her journey to enter the legal profession.”
“I am extremely honored to be chosen as the recipient of the Wallin and Klarich Scholarship,” Ms. Cohn said. This scholarship is deeply meaningful to me and I will use it to continue to persevere towards my goal of becoming a criminal defense attorney.”
Wallin & Klarich is a criminal defense law firm that has been successfully defending clients accused of serious crimes for more than 35 years. Our law firm has developed a reputation for success due to its experience representing clients in matters including:
- Domestic Violence
- Child Molestation
- Post-Conviction Relief
- Serious Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Sex Crimes
At Wallin & Klarich we are firm believers in the notion that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Becoming a licensed attorney in the state of California is no exception. Every attorney has a different story but none of those stories were created without a multitude of challenges.
Wallin & Klarich knows the road to becoming an attorney is a challenge in itself. We recognize the hard work and dedication that aspiring lawyers exercise throughout their journey, and we want to express our support. That is why our firm has created the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship for entering first year law school students.
The goal of this scholarship is to aid students who have overcome obstacles to be admitted to law school and now face the financial burden that is associated with receiving a law degree.
Please address the following questions in a single 1000-1300 word essay:
- Why do you want to become a criminal justice attorney?
- What challenge(s) have you faced in order to get to where you are today?
- How have these challenges shaped who you are, and how will you apply what you have learned from these challenges toward a career in criminal justice?
- Must have an interest in becoming a criminal justice attorney;
- Must be a first year law student in the 2017/2018 academic year at an accredited law school in the United States;
- Must have achieved a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate studies;
- Must not be a current or past employee of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a current or past independent contractor of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a relative of anyone that has been employed or has worked as an independent contractor for Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
What we need from you:
- (1) Essay document in which you address the three (3) questions above.
- (1) Completed Application Form.
- (1) Form of proof of admission/enrollment in an accredited law school in the United Stats of America (e.g., acceptance letter).
- (1) Photo for Wallin & Klarich’s website in case you are chosen as the winner.
Winner of the Spring 2018 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship will receive:
- A $2,500.00 check to be used toward law school tuition or law school required books. (Recipient must provide receipts in accordance with IRS regulations).
- Winner will be announced no later than January 10, 2018.
- Application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30, 2017.
- If you are unable to email (in PDF Format) your application materials, please mail them directly to:
Wallin & Klarich Scholarship Committee
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
17592 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780