The Wallin & Klarich Scholarship (2019-2020 Academic Year)
Wallin & Klarich is a criminal defense law firm that has been successfully defending clients accused of serious crimes for more than 40 years. Our law firm has developed a reputation for success due to its experience representing clients in matters including:
- Domestic Violence
- Child Molestation
- Post-Conviction Relief
- Serious Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Sex Crimes
At Wallin & Klarich we are firm believers in the notion that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Taking the next step in furthering your education is no exception. Every person has a different story but none of those stories were created without a multitude of challenges.
Wallin & Klarich knows the road receiving an education is a challenge in itself. We recognize the hard work and dedication that aspiring graduates exercise throughout their journey, and we want to express our support. That is why our firm has created the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship for entering freshmen who are majoring in criminal justice, political science or sociology.
The goal of this scholarship is to aid students who have overcome obstacles to be admitted into a 4-year college or university and now face the financial burden that is associated with receiving a bachelor’s degree.
Please address the following questions in a single 1000-1300 word essay:
- Why do you want to major in criminal justice, political science or sociology?
- What challenge(s) have you faced in order to get to where you are today?
- How have these challenges shaped who you are, and how will you apply what you have learned from these challenges toward completing your education?
- Must be a full-time freshmen university student in the 2019/2020 academic year at an accredited college or university in America;
- Must have achieved a cumulative minimum high school GPA of 3.0;
- Must have plans to major in criminal justice, political science or sociology;
- Must submit scholarship application along with a single 1000 – 1300 word essay addressing the three prompt questions no later than December 23, 2019;
- Must not be a current or past employee of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a current or past independent contractor of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a relative of anyone that has been employed or has worked as an independent contractor for Wallin & Klarich, ALC.
What we need from you:
- (1) Essay document in which you address the three (3) questions above.
- (1) Completed Application Form.
- (1) Form of proof of admission/enrollment in an accredited undergraduate school in the United States of America (e.g., acceptance letter).
Winner of the Spring 2020 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship will receive:
- A $2,500.00 check to be used toward school tuition or school required books. (Recipient must provide receipts in accordance with IRS regulations).
- Winner will be announced no later than January 23, 2020.
- Your application must be submitted to email@example.com no later than December 23, 2019
- If you are unable to email (in PDF Format) your application materials, please mail them directly to:
Wallin & Klarich Scholarship Committee
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
17592 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780