The Wallin & Klarich Scholarship (2017/2018 Academic Year)
Update: Thank you to all who applied to the Fall 2017 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship. The recipient of the scholarship is Navdeep Kaur.
“Many ambitious law school students apply for this scholarship as the first step in their journey to become criminal defense lawyers. Ms. Kaur stood out to us at the best candidate for the 2017 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship because of the challenges she has overcome and the dedication she has to excelling in her studies,” Wallin & Klarich Senior Partner Paul Wallin said. “We congratulate Ms. Kaur and wish her continued success on her journey to a career in criminal law.”
At Wallin & Klarich we are firm believers in the notion that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Becoming a licensed attorney in the state of California is no exception. Every attorney has a different story but none of those stories were created without a multitude of challenges.
Wallin & Klarich knows the road to becoming an attorney is a challenge in itself. We recognize the hard work and dedication that aspiring lawyers exercise throughout their journey, and we want to express our support. That is why our firm has created the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship for entering first year law school students.
The goal of this scholarship is to aid students who have overcome obstacles to be admitted to law school and now face the financial burden that is associated with receiving a law degree.
Please address the following questions in a single 1000-1300 word essay:
- Why do you want to become a criminal justice attorney?
- What challenge(s) have you faced in order to get to where you are today?
- How have these challenges shaped who you are, and how will you apply what you have learned from these challenges toward a career in criminal justice?
- Must have an interest in becoming a criminal justice attorney;
- Must be a first year law student in the 2017/2018 academic year at an accredited law school in the United States;
- Must have achieved a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate studies;
- Must not be a current or past employee of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a current or past independent contractor of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a relative of anyone that has been employed or has worked as an independent contractor for Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
What we need from you:
- (1) Essay document in which you address the three (3) questions above.
- (1) Completed Application Form.
- (1) Form of proof of admission/enrollment in an accredited law school in the United Stats of America (e.g., acceptance letter).
- (1) Photo for Wallin & Klarich’s website in case you are chosen as the winner.
Winner of the Spring 2018 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship will receive:
- A $2,500.00 check to be used toward law school tuition or law school required books. (Recipient must provide receipts in accordance with IRS regulations).
- Winner will be announced no later than January 10, 2018.
- Application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30, 2017.
- If you are unable to email (in PDF Format) your application materials, please mail them directly to:
Wallin & Klarich Scholarship Committee
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
17592 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780