The Wallin & Klarich Scholarship (2018/2019 Academic Year)
Update: Thank you to all who applied to the Fall 2018 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship. The recipient of the scholarship is Belen Padilla.
“We received many applications from worthy candidates for the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship. Of those applicants, Ms. Padilla stood out as the best. Ms. Padilla’s academic success achieved through dedication and perseverance made her the perfect recipient of the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship,” Wallin & Klarich Senior Partner Paul Wallin said.
“We congratulate Ms. Padilla and we hope this scholarship will help her achieve her goal on becoming an advocate for those in need.”
Information regarding the Spring 2018 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship will be available soon.
Wallin & Klarich is a criminal defense law firm that has been successfully defending clients accused of serious crimes for more than 35 years. Our law firm has developed a reputation for success due to its experience representing clients in matters including:
- Domestic Violence
- Child Molestation
- Post-Conviction Relief
- Serious Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Sex Crimes
At Wallin & Klarich we are firm believers in the notion that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Taking the next step in furthering your education is no exception. Every person has a different story but none of those stories were created without a multitude of challenges.
Wallin & Klarich knows the road receiving an education is a challenge in itself. We recognize the hard work and dedication that aspiring graduates exercise throughout their journey, and we want to express our support. That is why our firm has created the Wallin & Klarich Scholarship for entering freshmen who are majoring in criminal justice, political science or sociology.
The goal of this scholarship is to aid students who have overcome obstacles to be admitted into a 4-year college or university and now face the financial burden that is associated with receiving a bachelor’s degree.
Please address the following questions in a single 1000-1300 word essay:
- Why do you want to major in criminal justice, political science or sociology?
- What challenge(s) have you faced in order to get to where you are today?
- How have these challenges shaped who you are, and how will you apply what you have learned from these challenges toward completing your education?
- Must be a full time freshmen university student in the 2018/2019 academic year at an accredited college or university in America;
- Must have achieved a cumulative minimum high school GPA of 3.0;
- Must have plans to major in criminal justice, political science or sociology;
- Must submit scholarship application along with a single 1000 – 1300 word essay addressing the three prompt questions no later than July 31, 2018;
- Must not be a current or past employee of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a current or past independent contractor of Wallin & Klarich, ALC;
- Must not be a relative of anyone that has been employed or has worked as an independent contractor for Wallin & Klarich, ALC.
What we need from you:
- (1) Essay document in which you address the three (3) questions above.
- (1) Completed Application Form.
- (1) Form of proof of admission/enrollment in an accredited undergraduate school in the United Stats of America (e.g., acceptance letter).
- (1) Photo for Wallin & Klarich’s website in case you are chosen as the winner.
Winner of the Fall 2018 Wallin & Klarich Scholarship will receive:
- A $2,500.00 check to be used toward school tuition or school required books. (Recipient must provide receipts in accordance with IRS regulations).
- Winner will be announced no later than August 31, 2018.
- Application must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2018.
- If you are unable to email (in PDF Format) your application materials, please mail them directly to:
Wallin & Klarich Scholarship Committee
Wallin & Klarich, A Law Corporation
17592 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780