My brother was convicted of second degree murder in Los Angeles County. He was sentenced to 16 years to life in state prison. I hired Stephen Klarich from the law firm of Wallin and Klarich to work on his appeal. Our family was very worried and fearful he would spend the rest of his life in prison. The appeal was granted and his entire sentence was reversed. My family is grateful for Wallin and Klarich and all their hard work. It took over a year, but we finally won and my brother has his life back.

C. C

On behalf of myself and family, I would like to extend my gratitude, appreciation and thanks to Wallin & Klarich and its staff, for the hard work and diligence in obtaining a positive outcome to my appeal.


“Prior to retaining the services of Wallin & Klarich, I was convicted of statutory rape, which subjected me to automatic deportation. I retained the services of Wallin & Klarich to appeal my conviction in order to avoid deportation. The attorneys of Wallin & Klarich moved aggressively to present my case to the District Attorney and Judge. Wallin & Klarich successfully drafted and argued a Writ of Coram Nobis and Writ of Habeas Corpus, which resulted in dismissal of all charges against me. Due to Wallin & Klarich’s superb legal knowledge in my particular case, the District Attorney will not re-file any charges against me. Thus, there is no conviction on my record and INS cannot initiate deportation proceedings against me. I am grateful to Wallin & Klarich for their advice and guidance. I would recommend them highly to anyone facing a similar situation or any other criminal charge.”



Author: Paul J. Wallin

Paul Wallin is the senior managing partner at Wallin & Klarich. With over thirty years of experience handling many types of criminal defense cases, Paul Wallin has a tremendous amount of knowledge when advocating for his client’s rights. Paul Wallin prides himself in going the extra mile to put his clients at ease especially when they are facing allegations of criminal misconduct and are stressing over it. Many have trusted Paul Wallin and his team at Wallin & Klarich to assist them in their darkest hour.

  • tam trinh

    i made stupid thing in my life that vadalism key scratching and dump dirty liquid to a car of my coworker who i was frustated to work with, damage only on the door key scratching, so i m dont know what happended next my company terminated me and i accepted, i have 3 small kids 6,4,2 so my question is am i get arrested to do that , i felt very regret now and dont know he filed a claim or not, thank you for counseling, looking forward for your help.


    Tam Trinh

    • Paul J. Wallin

      Hi Tam,

      These are very serious allegations. If you are convicted of vandalism in California, you face harsh consequences. It is in your best interest to hire an attorney immediately as your attorney may be able to prevent charges from being filed against you. Contact us now at (877) 466-5245 for a free phone consultation about your case.

      Thank you

  • Sergio mendez

    My Best friend was just found guilty of attempted murder,assault with a firearm and is scheduled to be sentenced in 3 weeks he is looking at 53 years t life.
    The victim came to court with hErin family and said he did it but they have no hard evidence on him it was all based on hear say so now my best friend is looking at losing his life now all because the jury believeed a sob story that was not true my best friend is only 22 and has plenty of life ahead of him as I stated before they have no evidence no gun no gun powder residue on his hands and he was arrested about 10 miles away from the scene of the crime within 15 minutes of the crime and they said he fled on foot it’s not possible to get that far that fast it’s all bull. I’d like some advise please and his trial attorney is filing a appeal the date of his sentenceing so the process will be started. Thank you

    • Paul J. Wallin

      Hi Sergio,

      This is a very serious matter, and something we need to discuss more with you before we can give you advise. Please contact us at (877) 466-5245 so we can discuss your options. Typically, it is best to have a different attorney file an appeal for you than your trial attorney. Contact us today so we can help you.

      We look forward to your call.

  • JoAn Worden

    My grand son was convicted of watching child porn on his computer when he was 19. He got 10 years probation and did well for 8years. Abour8or9 months ago he got a new PO . He couldn’t jump through enough hoops to keep up Before that thing were ok. He worked full time and had no difficulties. Now he is sitting a holding place. We are told they don’t know where they will send him. He has six months to serve. My daughter and her husband are traumatized nearly to the point of being hospitalized. They are broke paying for the attorney. My grandson was looking at child porn. Not saving it. but the cookies were saving it. when the law came in Gestopo style they took all of the computers out. They never got them back to even see what was found. We now do not know where he is or if he is safe. The PO got kicked up the ladder. Is this America?? Is there any justice in our justice system? We are told he broke probation . He was a all night manager at a McDonalds. We had a winter blizzard and the guy who stayed to clean up couldn’t get home. His ride was caught in the ice wind and snow. My grand son gave him a ride home. The guy was seventeen almost eighteen. My grand son did his regular required lie detector test and told about the ride. He didn’t want to lie. I am sure there were other small violations over the eight year period. I don’t know what they are.

    • Paul J. Wallin

      Hi Joan,

      Is your grandson’s case in California? If so, we may be able to help you. Please contact us at (877) 466-5245 so we can discuss your case in detail.

      We look forward to your call.

  • Alexa

    My boyfriend has been arrested and charged with carjacking. They are trying to get him for using a gun but don’t have no hard evidence that he had a gun, except that the women he took the car from says he had a gun. And they said he took the keys violently from her hands. They’re saying he will have a strick or has one now. And don’t know how long he’ll be looking at until dec 7 at court. I feel as if they give him a lot of years that it isn’t fair for one bad decision he made, he is very responsive and respectful young man barely graduated and turned 18. Everyone who knows him, knows that he’s not that type of person. I feel they shouldn’t charge him with a firearm because they’re isn’t no hard evidence that he had one. Yes he did take her car and he was found and arrested in a different city in California but transferred back to the city it happened in but it wasn’t violently as they’re trying to make it, he never hurt her. We need help fast.

    • Paul J. Wallin

      Hi Alexa,

      It is imperative that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to discuss your boyfriend’s case. Call our law firm at (877) 466-5245 for a free phone consultation.

      We look forward to your call!

Contact Us Now

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, now is the time to contact us.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.