Over the past 40 years, Wallin & Klarich Founding Partner Stephen Klarich has successfully defended thousands of persons accused of committing crimes.
Mr. Klarich has represented our clients facing criminal charges including but not limited to murder, manslaughter, rape, child molestation, conspiracy, drug offenses, domestic violence, juvenile matters, three strikes cases, robbery and burglary. For more than a decade, Mr. Klarich has focused on post-conviction matters such as writs, appeals and having our clients removed from the sex offender registry.
How Stephen D. Klarich Can Help You
With unparalleled knowledge in sex crimes defense, Mr. Klarich is a leading attorney in Southern California for clients who want to remove their name from the Megan’s Law website or end their lifetime obligation to register as a sex offender. Mr. Klarich has experienced significant success in obtaining a Certificate of Rehabilitation or Governor’s Pardon for his clients.
“I became a criminal defense attorney because I wanted to make a difference in people’s lives and serve others,” Mr. Klarich said. “Wallin & Klarich provides the legal and emotional support our clients need to get through a very difficult situation.”
Call Stephen D. Klarich at Wallin & Klarich Today
Mr. Klarich understands the difficulties that our clients are going through when they are facing the complex legal process. That is why he treats every client as if they are a member of his own family.
When he is not aggressively fighting for his own clients’ rights, Mr. Klarich is providing his extensive knowledge to other Wallin & Klarich attorneys. He often assists our Wallin & Klarich attorneys to ensure our clients get the best possible outcome in their case.
“Steve is a pit-bull in and out of the courtroom. He knows the law like the back of his hand and he is as aggressive as any lawyer you could ever hope to find,” Attorney Paul Wallin said. “Steve is the guy I would hire if I found myself charged in a criminal case.”
To talk to Stephen Klarich or any of the experienced criminal defense attorneys at Wallin & Klarich, call us today at (877) 4-NO-JAIL or (877) 466-5245.
Title: Founding Partner
Serving Clients In: Throughout All of Southern California
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI, Juvenile Criminal Defense, Sex Crimes, Appeals, Certificates of Rehabilitation, Governor’s Pardons, Child Dependency, Family Law
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU), Madison, NJ, B.A.
- Western State University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Past Chairman, Criminal Law Section of Orange County Bar Association
- Past Director of the Newport Harbor Bar Association
- Selected by Judges in Harbor Orange County Justice Center to Act as Conflict Panel Attorney
- The State Bar of California: #100728
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Western San Bernardino County Bar Association
- California Teacher’s Association Staff Attorney
Admitted to Practice in the Following Courts:
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court – Central District of California
- Victims of Child Abuse Laws (VOCAL) Keynote Speaker “Child Abuse Legislation”
- Sex and Crimes Symposium at California State University, Fullerton “Defending Sex Cases”
- California Teacher’s Association Lecturer “Defending Teachers Accused of Crimes”
- Received a “Not Guilty” verdict on a rape charge in Long Beach, a child molestation charge in Riverside and a theft charge from West Orange County Court.
- Handled many three strike cases in which the defendants only served a short period of time in prison and avoided the 25-to-life punishment ordinarily imposed.
- Numerous Hofsheier motions granted so client did not have to register as sex offender.
- Certificates of Rehabilitation petitions granted by superior court judges
- Not guilty verdict achieved on indecent exposure trial
- Many not guilty verdicts in DUI trials
- Reduced numerous felonies to misdemeanors.
- Fought for home confinement sentence, which was granted despite prosecutor insisting on county jail time.
- Modified countless sentences to reduce custody time.
“Life would have been a lot easier had we known about Wallin & Klarich 10 years ago when the original charges were brought. We did not and for 10 years my husband has been a registered sex offender. The stigma attached to such a label is beyond comprehension. A year ago we retained Stephen Klarich to prepare and file a Certificate of Rehabilitation on my husband’s behalf. Mr. Klarich was honest about our chances of having the Petition granted and never offered false hope. He explained, in detail, what we would need to do prior to the filing of the Petition and we did just as he asked. Throughout the process Mr. Klarich and his assistant Julie were there to assist us and offer support when we struggled. This past week the Certificate of Rehabilitation was granted. I highly recommend Mr. Klarich and his firm, Wallin & Klarich.”
“I was charged with indecent exposure and plead guilty back in 2001. Due to the conviction, I was forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of my life. I recently hired Attorney Stephen Klarich to file for a Certificate of Rehabilitation and it was granted. I no longer have to register as a sex offender. I can now raise my children. I can attend games like other parents and can now coach my children in sports. My life is back thanks to the efforts of Stephen Klarich. I didn’t even know this was available to me until I read online what other clients of Wallin & Klarich had said about the firm. Finally, my life is back. Thank you!”
“I hired the law firm of Wallin & Klarich to seek a Governor’s Pardon in California. I was convicted many years ago of a felony and very much wanted to clean my record. I wanted to obtain my right to possess a firearm, which was taken away because of the felony conviction. I am happy to say that Governor Jerry Brown granted my pardon for me and my wife, who was also convicted of a felony. I have Stephen Klarich to thank. I realize that this process was not easy and the Governor only grants a few of the many he receives. I would strongly recommend Wallin & Klarich if you are seeking a Governor’s Pardon or a Certificate of Rehabilitation. They have a lot of experience in this area of law and, quite frankly, I could not have done this myself.”
“My brother was convicted of second degree murder in Los Angeles County. He was sentenced to 16 years to life in state prison. I hired Stephen Klarich from the law firm of Wallin & Klarich to work on his appeal. Our family was very worried and fearful he would spend the rest of his life in prison. The appeal was granted and his entire sentence was reversed. My family is grateful for Wallin & Klarich and all their hard work. It took over a year, but we finally won and my brother has his life back.”
“Excellent law firm. I dealt with Stephen Klarich. He is very knowledgable and definitely an expert in his field. If you are in need of highly competent law firm, I highly recommend Wallin and Klarich. I will definitely be referring any friends that can use their services.”