Facing the loss of a job he has had for 11 years and lifetime registration as a sex offender for a criminal charge under Penal Code Section 647.6(a), a client turned to Wallin & Klarich. At trial, he was found not guilty.
Our client was facing up to 364 days in county jail and fines of up to $5,000 in addition to lifetime registration as a sex offender for a misdemeanor child annoyance/child molestation charge.
Wallin & Klarich Partner Matthew Wallin successfully defended our client against these charges in Riverside County court.
“The assigned district attorney and her supervisor repeatedly refused to come off of PC 290 sex offender registration. They refused to consider a plea to simple battery to avoid any negative implications for my client,” Mr. Wallin said.
Due to the prosecution’s refusal to come to an agreeable plea bargain, Mr. Wallin took the case to trial.
At trial, prosecutors introduced strong evidence against our client. However, Mr. Wallin was able to convince the jury that our client’s actions did not meet all of the elements necessary to convict him under PC 647.6(a).
- Client was charged with misdemeanor child molestation/child annoyance under PC 647.6(a)
- Client faced up to 364 days in county jail and fines of up to $5,000, as well as lifetime registration as a sex offender and the loss of gainful employment
- Attorney Matthew Wallin and the knowledgeable team of criminal defense lawyers at Wallin & Klarich represented our client
- Wallin attempted to negotiate a favorable plea agreement, but the district attorney refused to offer a reasonable deal
- Wallin’s aggressive defense convinced the jury to find our client not guilty of child molestation/child annoyance
Contact Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Today
Mr. Wallin is a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney at Wallin & Klarich. He has helped hundreds of our clients facing serious criminal charges. If you or someone you love has been accused of a crime, you should not hesitate to contact Mr. Wallin.
To have Mr. Wallin apply his skill and knowledge to your criminal case, contact Wallin & Klarich at (877) 4-NO-JAIL or (877) 466-5245 for a free phone consultation. We will be there when you call.