If you were convicted of a felony you have 60 days from the date of your sentencing to retain a lawyer to file a notice of appeal. If you were convicted of a misdemeanor you have 30 days from the date you were sentenced to file a notice of appeal. IF you fail to file by the deadline you have waived your right to appeal. The notice of appeal is filed in the court where you were sentenced.


Author: Paul J. Wallin

Paul Wallin is the senior managing partner at Wallin & Klarich. With over thirty years of experience handling many types of criminal defense cases, Paul Wallin has a tremendous amount of knowledge when advocating for his client's rights. Paul Wallin prides himself in going the extra mile to put his clients at ease especially when they are facing allegations of criminal misconduct and are stressing over it. Many have trusted Paul Wallin and his team at Wallin & Klarich to assist them in their darkest hour.

Contact Us Now

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, now is the time to contact us.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.