January 13, 2012 By Paul Wallin

YES. When you are convicted of a DUI you are placed on probation. One of the terms of your probation is to pay the fine. Most courts will permit you to make payments on the fine over an extended period of time. However, if you fail to pay the fine within the time period allowed by the court a warrant will be issued for your arrest for a probation violation. This is because you violated one of the specific terms of your probation. If this is your first DUI conviction you can go to jail for up to six months for a probation violation, minus any jail time you did as part of your original sentence. When you are placed on probation you must clearly read and understand all of the terms of your probation and make certain you comply with all of them.

AUTHOR: Paul Wallin

Paul Wallin is one of the most highly respected attorneys in Southern California. His vast experience, zealous advocacy for his clients and extensive knowledge of many areas of the law make Mr. Wallin a premiere Southern California attorney. Mr. Wallin founded Wallin & Klarich in 1981. As the senior partner of Wallin & Klarich, Mr. Wallin has been successfully representing clients for more than 30 years. Clients come to him for help in matters involving assault and battery, drug crimes, juvenile crimes, theft, manslaughter, sex offenses, murder, violent crimes, misdemeanors and felonies. Mr. Wallin also helps clients with family law matters such as divorce and child custody.

Practice area

  • Contact Us Now

    If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, now is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.