Stephen D. Klarich, Esq.
Title: Founding Partner
Primary Office: All Offices
Education: Bachelor of Art, Juris Doctorate
Practice: Criminal Defense, Juvenile Criminal Defense, Juvenile Dependency, Family Law, Appeals, Certificate of Rehabilitations, Governor’s Pardon
California State Bar #: 100728
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey – Bachelor of Arts, 1978
- Western State University College of Law – Juris Doctorate, 1981
- Past Chairman, Criminal Law Section of Orange County Bar Association
- Past Director of the Newport Harbor Bar Association
- Selected by Judges in Harbor Orange County Justice Center to Act as Conflict Panel Attorney
- California State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Western San Bernardino County Bar Association
- California Teacher’s Association Staff Attorney
Admitted to Practice in the Following Courts:
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Victims of Child Abuse Laws (VOCAL) keynote speaker “Child Abuse Legislation”
- Sex and Crimes Symposium at California State University-Fullerton “Defending Sex cases”
- California Teacher’s Association lecturer “Defending Teachers Accused of Crimes”
- Received a “Not Guilty” verdict on a rape charge in Long Beach, a “child molestation” charge in Riverside and a “theft” charge from West Orange County Court.
- Handled many three (3) strike cases in which the defendant only served a short period of time in prison and avoided the 25 to life punishment ordinarily imposed on 3-strike cases.
- Numerous hofsheier motions granted so client did not have to register as sex offender.
- Certificates of rehabilitation petitions granted by superior court judges
- Not guilty on indecent exposure trial
- Not guilty on dui trials
- Reduced numerous felonies to misdemeanors.
- Fought for home confinement sentence which was granted despite prosecutor insisting on county jail time.
- Modified countless sentences reducing custody time.
Brief History / Commitment To My Clients:
Over the past 27 years, I have successfully defended over 5000 people accused of committing crimes, including murder, manslaughter, rape, child molestation, attempted murder, conspiracy, drug offenses, domestic violence, all juvenile matters, three strike cases, robbery and burglary in both state and federal courts. I have handled many high profile cases and have been quoted countless times in both newspapers and on television. Currently, I train and mentor Wallin & Klarich associates to ensure that my extensive experience is handed down to other criminal defense attorneys. While handling my own case load, I often assist other Wallin & Klarich attorneys with preserving their client’s rights. Currently, I also represent persons on appeal and for Certificates of Rehabilitation and Governor’s Pardons to clean up prior criminal convictions. I am totally committed to my clients, as well as, all clients of Wallin & Klarich. I have a great reputation for winning cases while maintaining the utmost integrity.
I was charged with indecent exposure and plead guilty back in 2001. Due to the conviction I was forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of my life. I recently hired attorney Stephen Klarich to file for a Certificate of Rehabilitation. Today it was granted. I no longer have to register as a sex offender. I can now raise my children and can attend games like other parents and can now coach my children in sports. My life is back thanks to the efforts of Stephen Klarich. I didn’t even know this was available to me until I read on line what other clients of Wallin and Klarich have said about the firm. Finally, my life is back. Thank you
I hired the law firm of Wallin & Klarich to seek a Governor’s Pardon in California. I was convicted many years ago of a felony and very much wanted to clean my record. I wanted to obtain my right to possess a firearm, which was taken away because of the felony conviction. I am happy to say that Governor Jerry Brown granted my Pardon for me and my wife who was also convicted of a felony. I have Stephen Klarich to thank. I realize that this process was not easy and the Governor only grants a few of the many he receives. I would strongly recommend Wallin & Klarich if you are seeking a Governor’s Pardon or a Certificate of Rehabilitation. They have a lot of experience in this area of law and quite frankly, I could not have done this myself.
My brother was convicted of second degree murder in Los Angeles County. He was sentenced to 16 years to life in state prison. I hired Stephen Klarich from the law firm of Wallin and Klarich to work on his appeal. Our family was very worried and fearful he would spend the rest of his life in prison. The appeal was granted and his entire sentence was reversed. My family is grateful for Wallin and Klarich and all their hard work. It took over a year, but we finally won and my brother has his life back.
I was convicted of indecent exposure (314.1 PC) in Riverside county many years ago. I recently hired Wallin and Klarich to file a Certificate of Rehabilitation in Riverside in 2011. The Judge granted the certificate and I no long have to register as a sex offender. Attorney Stephen Klarich prepared the motion and had it filed for me. This has lifted a great burden off of me. I am a free man now and no longer have to register. My entire family is grateful.
Stephen Klarich was successful in obtaining an internet exclusion for me (the removal of my picture and personal information from the sex offender website). My name and face was plastered all over the internet for everyone to see causing great havoc in my life I was asked to leave jobs, stores, restaurants, etc. with the threat of the police being called or great bodily harm. A lot of fly by night organizations contacted me and offered this service. I was so relieved to know that I had the best law firm with the most experience and the greatest reputation of Wallin and Klarich to help me in this matter. Now no one will ever see it again and I can proudly say to any one that had seen it previously that I am no longer on it. I can not express my thanks enough to Stephen D. Klarich.
I was charged with a major felony theft crime. I was certain that I would go to prison for a long time. I received a brochure and letter in the mail from your firm. I felt that the firm would help me in this time of great stress and fear. I called you and you provided me with information regarding my situation and made me feel at ease. I was impressed with your experience and the size and reputation of your firm. Other lawyers I spoke to informed me that I was guilty and that they would try to minimize the time I would spend in prison. You never judged me and had faith in my case. And, after negotiating with the district attorney, you were able to keep me out of prison! I am now able to enjoy being with my family and friends because of your efforts!
I was charged with PC 314.1 Indecent Exposure back in 2001. I plead guilty an I was placed on probation. I hired Stephen Klarich for a certificate of rehabilitation. It was filed in Riverside County and granted by a judge. I no longer have to register as a sex offender. Thanks to the hard work and knowledge of Mr. Klarich, I do not have to register.