Recently, a former elementary school teacher was arrested after admitting that he had been molesting various boys over many years. Caleb Hesse was a first-grade teacher at Friendly Hills Elementary School in Joshua Tree, and also served as a youth volunteer with the local church. As a church volunteer, he was involved in a number of overnight outings with kids throughout California.
The Sheriffs Department is currently trying to identify victims of the abuse and believe that some of the victims may now be 30 to 40 years old. Hesse was arrested on suspicion of committing a lewd and lascivious act with a child under 14, and is being held in lieu of $2.5-million bail.
To prove that you are guilty of violating Penal Code Section 288(a), the People must prove that:
1. You willfully touched any part of a child’s body either on the bare skin or through the clothing
2. You willfully caused a child to touch your own body, or the body of someone else, either on the bare skin or through the clothing
3. You committed the act with the intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust, passions, or sexual desires of yourself or the child
4. The child was under the age of 14 years at the time of the act.
If you or a loved one is facing this charge, contact the criminal defense attorneys at Wallin and Klarich. Wallin and Klarich has many years of experience successfully defending people charged with sex crimes. We will aggressively work to defend you by investigating all aspects of your case. We will work to ensure that your rights are protected and that you clearly understand the legal process. The attorneys at Wallin & Klarich can be reached by phone at 888-749-0034 or through our website at www.wklaw.com. We will be there when you call.
- » Wallin and Klarich Wins Third Straight Not Guilty Verdict in Serious Child Molest Case
- » Los Angeles Teacher in Child Molestation Scandal Was Subject of Investigation in 1994
- » Orange County Hockey Mom will NOT Face Prison Sentence and will NOT Have to Register as a Sex Offender
- » High School Counselor Arrested On Child Pornography and Lewd Acts Charges
- » What is a lewd and lascivious act on a child? – California Penal Code Section 288